Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One of "those" days

Oh my, oh my! Have you every had one of those days? Holy Cow! I'd like to go back to bed and start over, please ;).
My day started at 8 30a when Henry woke up. He ate good and was joyful. It went downhill from there when I "thought" I could do our Easter Outfit shopping. First of all, I wonder why there is hardly any baby boy "special occasion" clothes out there! They have newborn easter outfits and toddler easter outfits but, looking for 9 mo; I found none. Of course, maybe they were there..amongst the mountains of girl dresses!!
Henry was fussy on and off this morning so I was about to call it quits and go home when....what's that behind me? FlAsHiNg LigHtS? NoT ME!! Oh yes, its' true. I was pulled over. I had NO idea why as I had just left the shopping plaza and turned right onto the road. I had been at a complete stop and had my turn signal on. I did wait for the green light and I hadn't even gotten up to speed! I'm sorry, but I had a really hard time not being impatient when Mr. Policeman (All of about 19 years of him) walked up and asked for my license. He was stuttering and sweaty, as if this was the FIRST time he pulled someone over...for what you ask?! Our license plate cover is "tinted" and he had a hard time reading it. WHAT?! I didn't say anything, just handed over my information as Henry is not just crying at this point but SCREAMING b/c the boy hates to be the carseat unless you moving.
So..I wait.....and wait....and WAIT for Mr. Policeman to fill out my "courtesy" warning perfectly filling in every line and then going over every line still stuttering and nervously fidgeting with his shirt. At this point, Henry had practically screamed himself to sleep and about one more minute, I was about to throw in the towel and join him.
What a day, what a day....

5 comments:

mamaw and papaw said...

First, I will say I am so sorry for such an awful day. Then I have to chuckle at your writing. You said everything so well and in such detail I was right there with you.
We just read your story and put a dish in the microwave(that was a wedding gift) and for some reason it busted. Your day is catching.
Love you all and nice to be in this day together,
Mom still chuckling!!!

Shana said...

sending you a virtual hug grace! eat some extra oreos today-you deserve them!

Embracing Every Moment said...

awww...so sorry hugs also! hope your evening is going better and I hope you are relaxing!!

grammy & grampie said...

Grace, my love, you were just getting tested! Not by the 19 year old but a much older Father. You must have passed the test by the smiles Henry decided to show us.
Grampie said either the guy in blue needed glasses or you need a clear plate! At least you didn't get a ticket like somebody I know real good-about your age at the time-no name mentioned.Tomorrow is going to be better.

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding!! A tinted license plate cover?? That's ridiculous!
Henry is still adorable though - probably even when he was screaming at the officer. :-)
Hope today is better! Angela