Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trash Talk at Sunday School

Good Morning! It's Tuesday! :). Yes, I'm still here and still no baby...ha! Looks like we are going to have a September Sapphire baby...which is great. We know lots of great people born in September :). Anyway, we aren't doing much around here...enjoying the cooler temps...awesome!
I wanted to document this before I forget...


At the beginning of August, Henry was promoted to the one year old class and while he has been hearing different stories from the Bible, he now brings home a paper each week with his lesson. Kit & I love it and try to talk about it all throughout the week along with the simple verse and how the lesson can be applied to daily living.
So, one of the first Sundays, on the way home from church, Kit was talking to Henry asking him what all he learned at church today and what the story was. Henry's response was simply "trash". We looked at each other and rolled our eyes since that is what Henry talks about morning. noon. night. My son is OCD with trash, lint, dirt in the house. He will ALWAYS point it out and quite frankly can't get passed and move on unless it is picked up, cleaned, etc. So, Kit tried to ask a few more questions and Henry just looked at us and said "trash". We came home, ate lunch and put Henry down for a nap. Before sitting on the couch, I emptied out his bag and had to laugh to see a trash can on his Sunday School paper! ha! :)

He excelled in "showing love" to me that week by helping pick up trash...

6 comments:

mamaw and papaw said...

aaawww. Children learn from parents and parents learn from children. I know I still learn lots from mine.

Our pick is tomorrow!!!

mary said...

The mind of a child is like a sponge.
It proved that he really listened in class. Oh I wish that I was like that. It takes me a couple good knocks sometimes to get the message!

*When God pulls the trigger that baby will make its presence known. He hits the target every time. Be ready!

A urora said...

He knows what he's talking about!! ;-)

Embracing Every Moment said...

good evening!! :) what a precious little happening! :)

we are so lookin' forward to a call sometime soon...like thursday ;)

Unknown said...

I love this! That is so cute. :o)

LauraSuz said...

Super cute!