You can just call my husband Mr. Nester right now. There have been a few projects on my mind for a little while and well, having a baby is the perfect way to get you thinking about doing them before you are stuck on a continual 3 hour cycle and lucky when you do actually get a shower in (and for me...time to blow dry my hair straight)! So, I started panicking. I rambled to my ever patient husband and he listened. We made a long (detailed) list and the past week we've sweated more than we knew we could, felt like we would never get all the sawdust off of us and our wrists have been continually sore with all the painting we've done!
But, this week we are seeing the benefits of all that hard work as we've completed tasks and are oh-so-close to finishing others. I just thought I would show you a couple of examples of things we've been doing to keep ourselves busy around here...
Like...My first dilemma. What to do with all those great family photos? I always buy frames and place pictures in them when I've ordered photos but I can never commit to an exact location for a picture. I change things up in my house all.the.time. I shop my house and think it's important to LOVE where you live. It's taken me almost two years but I am starting to LOVE my house. It's not huge, it's not perfect by any means but it meets our needs and heaven only knows how many times I've repainted something, a room, etc but it finally is all starting to come together in my mind....
Lots of photos that were in a closet, not on the walls.
Solution?
Picture Ledges so I can continually swap pictures (especially important with a new little one on the way!)
Next...Table. I LOVED this table from the minute I clicked on the add from Craigslist but I didn't love the green...I loved the reclaimed top. So, my sister and I sanded, painted, painted, painted and distressed, distressed, sweated, sweated....sweated for the bottom half. Then, my husband worked nights in the garage sanding, sanding, sanding down the top. He has put multiple coats of poly on the top..this thing is like glass on top now! :) LOVE it...still waiting to find the perfect chairs...sigh
:)
5 comments:
WoW! Love both projects!
i agree with shan! that table is amazingly awesome & great idea for pics! :)
Ditto to the girls comments.
glad your photo ledge dream came true!
I LOVE the table. It was worth all the time in the hot garage in July. ;-)
I hope Kit catches a break soon. ha ha
You've inspired with the picture shelves! I wasn't sure what to do in a certain part of our home and I think I'll give those a try.
The table looks FABULOUS!!
Post a Comment