Friday, February 13, 2009

Sizes & Sleep

Don't even think about asking me to smile...
I've got more than one chin going on...

"Mom, did you see those squares move?!"


I am finally coming to the realization of just how big Henry really is. Yesterday, the outfit in yesterday's picture was 3-6 mo and I know it is a little "tight" on him. So, he has some 6 month things in the closet and thought I would try and see. Today's outfit is 6 month both in shirt and pants. WHAT?! He's only 8 weeks old! I filled up a box last week and put all newborn, and 0-3 in there. Everyday I try to put him in a 3-6 outfit just "one more time" but the majority are too short that I can't snap them or too tight in the waist for his big belly :).
Henry and I are getting better at napping and sleeping. I include me in that because I truly believe if I want him to sleep better at night, I need to put him down for naps BEFORE he fusses, otherwise he is too tired and it takes him about 5 minutes to fall asleep and wake up about 45 minutes into it, needing to put himself back to sleep. On the other hand, if I lay him down before he shows signs of fussiness, he'll fall fast asleep and stay asleep for the whole nap. For him, sleep = more sleep. Last night he broke his record of 7 hours and went 7 1/2 hours. Also, it was his first night in his big boy crib in his room. I wish I would have gotten the 7 1/2 hours of sleep, but instead I still kept waking up every 3 checking on him!
Some of his outright screaming in the evening has proven he is just exhausted and I think he has gotten himself "sleep deprived". If he is too tired and doesn't take good naps and follows that pattern all day (more than 1 or 2 naps), then he'll have a meltdown at night and just crash but won't sleep any longer...maybe only 4 1/2 or 5 hour stretches.
We are having alot of fun with him and while I know I obsess over his schedule at times, Kit keeps assuring me that it's only part of the fun! haha.
When Kit comes home in the evenings, he gets Henry from his nap, and is always assured a smile! I feed him and then that is just Poppa & Henry time while I am able to get a few things done and finish up supper.
Well, Happy Friday and hope ya'll have a great weekend :)

13 comments:

Shana said...

Grace that is exactly what Silas did with his sizes! Glad you are finding a rhythm that works for him-it always makes a mom feel good to figure out their own kid, doesn't it?!

Grace said...

Wow, how big was Silas when he was born...9 lbs? Yesterday, I couldn't believe at the moms that kept asking...he's just two months?! haha It'll be interesting to see how much he weighs soon!

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Embracing Every Moment said...

He's going to catch up with Jax in no time! What a big boy! Glad you are figuring each other out! :)When does he go for his 2 month appt next week?

Anonymous said...

Grace...you are such a gifted mother....Henry is so blessed!!!

Kit*Grace said...

Carlee-
I ReALlY appreciate your encouragement...sometimes I wonder why I get to make these decisions but God has shown me SO much in just 2 months!!

mamaw and papaw said...

I am glad you are home and figuring each other out too. I am telling you the toughest job you will ever do is raise up your children. Remember it can be a hit and miss thing. No manual. You are a wonderful Momma and thank you so much for taking such wonderful care of one of my grandsons.

Anonymous said...

Henry's hair is looking auburn!

Leslie H. said...

Grace your story sounds so much like mine. Always trying to figure out the best sleep patern for him and discovering that things were usually backwards (ie. sleep=more sleep:-). And, then waking up through out the night even when he is sleeping!!! Giving Cole a message in the late evenings was a real breakthrough for me..it helped with any fussiness and help me relax as well! Hmm..3-6 outfits at 8 weeks?? Looks like Henry could give Cole a run for his money:-) Big babies are great! Henry is so cute!

Leslie H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie H. said...

Grace your story sounds so much like mine. Always trying to figure out the best sleep patern for him and discovering that things were usually backwards (ie. sleep=more sleep:-). And, then waking up through out the night even when he is sleeping!!! Giving Cole a message in the late evenings was a real breakthrough for me..it helped with any fussiness and help me relax as well! Hmm..3-6 outfits at 8 weeks?? Looks like Henry could give Cole a run for his money:-) Big babies are great! Henry is so cute!

Kit*Grace said...

I know, I wish we lived closer...I'd love to get Henry & Cole together...he is so cute!! :)

Leslie H. said...

Hey..don't know why my comment posted three times...my computer was going crazy:-) Yep, we definitly just meet up next time one of us is near the other.