Honestly, nothing much. When it was in the 70s, we spent a lot of time outside but we are back to rainy and drizzly weather so we are in. With this kinda of weather and two small kids, it has to really be something I want to do to take two kids out by myself. So, I usually stay in and right now I am enjoying it because we are doing a couple of projects here and there. nothing too much just...
well, it's hard to explain. One night a dinner conversation went something like this.
Me: I LOVE the chocolate brown in here. I'm SO glad we went for it. I LOVE it.
Kit: Yes, me too.
a few seconds later...
Kit: Well, I did love it. I do love it. But, now that we have this farm table, I'm not sure it all works.
Me: WHAT?! Are you serious?
Kit: Well, It's just that this dining room is already a formal room with the chair rail but I don't want to change that for re -sale purposes but I think the chocolate paint on top and white on the bottom is a formal contrast.
Me: Hmmm.....So what are you saying, we should repaint?! Hmmmm....
That led to the next day me going to the hardware store and buying a couple samples. Then, we decided to repaint our kitchen too because it was just never the right color after we repainted it this summer. So, last week I painted the kitchen and Kit did a little backsplash project for me...LOVE it and super cheap!!!
So...my house is a mess. I love it and hate it at the same time. I love doing projects....short ones with deadlines. I love that a mess of sawdust bits, the smell of fresh paint and a table full mean something is happening...a change is occuring and for the better...well, hopefully.
I decided to paint and next thing you know...Kit said something he's never said before and it made me fall in love with him even more...."Ya know what, I'm kinda bored and ready to do some projects...we haven't done anything since before Porter was born". Okay, can I tell you that it took me exactly 3.75938 seconds to draw up a sketch and bat my big brown eyes. I mean, he said it! I just think while the house is already in a mess....why not...right?! So....he's building me a little something for the dining room and I. CAN'T. WAIT to reveal it to you!!!! That and the kitchen...the kitchen is almost done but I'm waiting on a couple of accessories before I post pictures.
I love doing this kind of thing. I mean, I live here, work here and am so very, very thankful that we can do stuff like this since we own a home! I find that I am happier too to have something to look forward to during nap times instead of continuing with chores or just really wasting time. I need a little down time and putting it to use for something I enjoy is really therapeutic in a way. (WHAT?! Did she just say she enjoys painting?!) I do. In short spurts :).
Well, back to it.
5 comments:
would your dining room project resemble anything we built this summer?
umm...no. I actually didn't think of anything like that until you just mentioned it although that would be REALLY cute! :) Think BIGGER!! hahaha Kit really loves me!! bless his heart.
Looking forward to A LOT of photos... ;-) God bless husbands who get roped (volunteer) into projects!
You've got me hooked! Have fun with the project - I love home improvement projects!
can't wait to see pictures!! :)
Post a Comment