Friday, February 11, 2011

Kitchen {Before} & {After}

So, I'm always nervous posting before & afters.
Some probably like the before better than the after & some probably think we are crazy for always doing little projects.
I like posting these for our moms to see and if anyone else enjoys it, that's a plus.
All I can say is I think I'm finally finding a way to decorate that says "us".
Nothing fancy but just a little hint of pretty.
Never fussy.
Always simple.
So...we had red for a while and I love it but wanted the whole house to flow since it is all open..
then this summer my choice of "gray" looked country blue. not a fan.

{After}
To be honest, this gray is so hard to tell in pictures. I like. not sure I love it. I LOVE the dining room so I might paint it that color some day but honestly, I LOVE the beadboard backsplash so unless I'm looking up, I don't see the color and so for now, it's just fine. It's hard to love a kitchen when you move in and it's not your style but not damaged enough to see it worthwhile to completely redo. So, I saw a blog where she did this and instantly fell in love. I really like my kitchen now! It's simple. It's us.

A rug. In the kitchen. warms it right up and feels so home-y. It's an outdoor rug so we'll just spray it down outside when it gets dirty. Love.
My husband is awesome. Super handy. Always willing. Without complaint.
Thanks, babe!!!
I'd like to do a more detailed dining room post sometime because he rocked it with those shelves!!...

7 comments:

mamaw and papaw said...

Like I said, WHAT A TEAM YOU TWO ARE!!!! Looks great.

Aurora said...

It all looks great!
I hadn't thought about not having much paint color in there with a backsplash now... that is how our kitchen is, too. Which is nice!

I love all of your natural light in the DR. You'll have so much fun playing around the those shelves in the DR. *applause* for Kit!

Embracing Every Moment said...

LOVE it! i love simple & no clutter!! :) great job on the kitchen too!!

LauraSuz said...

What's a woman to do with all the cabinet space?!

I love it - looks fabulous!

Lindsay said...

Love the beadboard!! Isn't it fun to have a handy husband? :) I painted my kitchen "gray" which turned out "country blue" too. Ick...don't like it. Keep the before and after pictures coming...I love them! And I have to admit...I steal some of your ideas:)

Kit*Grace said...

Lindsay! Take 'em all you want! I get all my ideas off of other peoples blogs too !! Oh finding the right gray is incredibly hard!! The color in the dining room is absolutely perfect for what tone I wanted. Check your Lowes for Frappe. It's what they call a greige...grey+beige. See if you like! :-)

Shana said...

i <3 beadboard :) looks great!