Thursday, May 23, 2013

A frog story

On Friday the boys had the absolute complete boy joy to catch not only one but TWO frogs. At first it was a little tiny baby frog and they had the best time with it. Until we went to the pool for the afternoon and when we came home baby frog was dead. But not long after they were in the back yard H yelled inside the door...this time I caught a REAL frog. Only for me to realize this one was quite a bit bigger. Poor frogs. That thing was squeezed and shook and had quite a ride in trucks and cages and water and wheelbarrows and that frog was EVERYWHERE. Then, we geared up for a evening bike ride. H came to us quite distraught saying his frog was "stuck" in the watering can. I knew the hole was really little so I didn't pay much attention bc there is no way that frog would fit in there...so I thought.
But what do you know...the boys had managed to shove that frog into a tiny hole.
I asked..."wasn't it hard to shove him in?"
H looked at me and said, "no mama...it's hard to shove him out!" Kit & I had a good laugh over that :-).








But we left the frog alone and laid the watering can on its side. The next morning the frog was gone and we were so excited he found his way back home.
Until yesterday when we were playing outside to notice the frog was bACK in the watering can. Oh my. Listen here froggy, I can not guarantee your safety!!
So the boys are delighted to have a "pet" frog. Lets hope he hops away! :)



3 comments:

mamaw and papaw said...

Lol! You could start writing a book with these three giving you so much material to write about.
Best of luck Froggy.

Maleah Ivy said...

Hey! At least it isn't a butterfly yet..or a lizard.

A urora said...

I see the critter cages are coming in handy. Clint prefers his full. :-)