Wells Grey-
I started typing this post a few times this week. I really don't have the words to say what it means to me to have you as my little boy! I still remember that moment, one year ago, when they laid you on my chest. The first baby of mine that I got to hold right away. Oh my. Heart melting unconditional love. I couldn't believe it. You were MINE. And you were so cute! I remember being all alone with you in the room and telling you that, your poppa and I, we would fight for you to find your place in this world. You are now on our team :).
You made us a family of FIVE. F-I-V-E. Wow. I'm going to be honest. FIVE has been a little cray cray...or maybe that's just the year we've had with relocating and such? Hmm...anywho...
Having my 3rd boy, I pretty much knew how little boys worked. Or did I? You are the SWEETEST thing I've ever met! Overall you are pretty quiet, laid back and have the gentlest spirit! Which can I say has taken me back on quite a few occasions? You are the complete opposite of your brother Porter who was constantly fighting to keep up with H at your age. You are always taking it all in...and trust me..you've got a lot to watch with two other brothers! That seems to give you lots of entertainment. Lately tho, I can see the wheels turning... figuring out just how to gain control of a toy situation with your brothers. Oh boy do you know how to get them fired up!! :)
And they love you, oh how they love you. Anytime you are crying, or have slept a little longer than usual or we are getting our shoes on to go somewhere, a little voice will say, "we can't forget about Wellsie!" Henry prayed this the other day, "Dear God, thank you for this food, and for the sunshine. Please be with Wells. Help him to grow up so he'll stop grabbing my hair. He really hurts my hair, God." haha! So sweet!
I don't know how many times I stare into those dark chocolate eyes of yours and say out loud, "you are so. beautiful."
You are so precious to us and I can't thank God enough for placing you into our family and we can not wait to see how the Lord uses you.
All this to say...
Momma loves you
Poppa loves you
Henry loves you
Porter loves you
you are loved and adored and we are blessed to have you here with us. Praying for many many more years with you, son.
Love you my Wells Grey,
Momma


2 comments:
I can't believe that he is a year old! Seems like yesterday that I got to hold him for the first time! Too cute now!
What a sweet post! Happy birthday Wells!!
Post a Comment