So we just got back from my appointment and all is still going well :). I have progressed now to 4 cm dilated/cervix 100% effaced. The doctor was quite shocked I am at 4 and still really haven't felt anything. I am still just feeling "crampy" on and off but nothing too exciting. So, we had a few different options placed in front of us and we chose to do nothing and just continue to see how I do on my own! We could have been induced on Tuesday morning but declined and went ahead and scheduled another appt to see him in the office on Thursday. Hopefully, we won't be making that appointment and the baby will already be here but, we'll see!
I am still really wanting to go into labor on my own and the whole experience. I know that scares a certain number of people along with my husband since the hospital is a good hour away but I really want a very natural labor...as much as possible. We'll continue to take it one step at a time and will consider having my membranes stripped at the next appointment, if no progress has been made...
I'm thinking this weekend would be nice as Kit then has enough time off after the 15th and I would hate for him to have to return to work for just a day or two!
8 comments:
Mike wants to leave a guess:)
baby girl
Dec. 16
7 lbs 12 oz
20 1/2"
fuzzy auburn hair
Glad you appt. went well. I think I would cave and get the show on the road to meet him/her:) Nearly half way there and hardly any pain-can't beat that!
take the dogs on a long jog today!!:-)
I agree-but wait till Kit is home just in case;)
First, you look great Grace! My sister just had her second with midwives in a hospital and had her membranes stripped. She had it done, went home to labor some more, then was back at the hospital the next morning and had the baby a couple hours later. I think you're very blessed with 4cm dilated and 100% effaced...almost unheard of for a first timer!
I'm praying for you and a healthy delivery. It sounds like you have a great doctor!
We're praying for all three of you! I agree with Shan & Amy go for a jog or do some intense bowling :O). Maybe it will happen tomorrow on U. Josh's birthday :). I am praying it happens when Kit is there. Keep us posted :).
Ok, So we've already been on a pretty intense walk with the dogs and I've bowled three games, touching my toes after each frame...I got nuttin'! haha
Oh well, I'm praying it happens while Kit is at work..he's only 20 minutes away and I've already seen him "panic". I'd like for him to get out of work a little early today though... :)
ok time for a new guess since it wasn't 12/7 or 12/12... donna p guesses 12/19 (i gave her your message & she said she'd email you). anyway, i guess 12/17!! :)
... and can i change my guess to a girl instead of a boy?? ;) ha!
Post a Comment