Wednesday, December 03, 2008

DoCtOr'S aPpT tOdAy


Well today was an interesting day at the doctor's office. My BP is still doing great at 120/74 and my weight was up #5 (It must be the Dairy Queen Cake and Oreo Dessert we've been nibbling on from both our birthdays!). Anyway, long story short I am dilated 3 cm and my cervix is 100% effaced. I started out my appt seeing the Nurse Practitioner but after she asked me a couple of times, "are you sure this is your FIRST baby?" I ended up seeing Dr. Moore because they were both quite astonished with my progress already for being less than 37 weeks. They both couldn't believe the baby's head is "right there" (I've been saying that for a while now! :)). I've noticed occasional contractions on and off and didn't think much about it but while at the office they noticed I was contracting quite reguarly and asked me about them. I told them what they were feeling and noticing I haven't even been counting as contractions...they replied, "oh but they are!".
The Nurse Practitioner questioned my amount of amniotic fluid so we went over to the ultrasound room to take a quick peek and take some measurements. She was coming up a little low so Dr. Moore came in and recalculated and said everything measured just fine! The U/S was quick and I didn't look at it the majority of the time b/c they were measuring right by the *gender parts* and I refuse to come all this way and not be surprised!!! haha Anyway, the Nurse Practitioner and I thought it was really cool how we could see the rib detail and notice them already expanding and retracting as they prepare to breathe on their own here shortly!
So I finally asked them what all this meant and what they were thinking. The Nurse Practitioner guessed that I could go into labor within the next two to three days. I kind of laughed it off but then she started questioning me that we have our bags packed, car seat, etc. Dr. Moore also agreed than it could be that quickly to which I responded they better not get my hopes up and I'm sure I'll be seeing them next week for another appointment. He also agreed that that could be the case but said he knows I won't be making my appt after that, and definately not making it to my due date.
So, I'm glad that some progress has been made but not so sure the baby will be here as soon as what they say. Only God knows and we'll continue to take it one day at a time!

5 comments:

Embracing Every Moment said...

Oh my goodness!!! YIPPEE!! If those bags aren't packed, I'd be gettin them packed...how exciting!!! We will be praying for you & baby & u. kit...he better take some drugs...lol! I am so excited, it might be sooner than we think...mamaw & papaw might get to see it after all or be there when you go!! :)))))

Unknown said...

Better get those last belly pictures in! We're anxious for the phone call with the news!

I've got my bets on Saturday... and a boy. :)

Shana said...

NO FAIR! Wow-definitely exciting news! I'll try hard not to get MY hopes up!

mamaw and papaw said...

make sure and call us when you go to the hospital. I hope Kit will give us updates so we will be able to pray and keep up with you.
Love,
Mom and soon Mamaw

Anonymous said...

Grace...I am just SO excited for you!!! Praying for a supernatural labor and delivery! By God's grace this will be the most incredible and amazing time of your life!!! I can't wait to hear the testimony!