Monday, May 21, 2012

The Birth Story of Wells Grey

I usually have a long post on the birth story but this one is pretty short and sweet! (These are for my records, bless you if you want to read the whole thing!) I still can't believe it! My parents arrived in town on Friday afternoon. We went out to dinner and then Kit & I ran to the grocery store. We came home, unloaded groceries, Kit went for a run and we planned to do yard work on Saturday. Mom told me before she went to bed, "don't forget to leave a note when head to the hospital!" haha! I really hadn't had any contractions all day long...maybe two? We went to bed around 10:30p. At 2:11a I had my first contraction. After two hours of timing them at 8 minutes apart they switched to 6 minutes apart and I started vomiting. We called my OB who thankfully was on call (wahoo!) and told me what I already knew. I was in some serious transition and active labor and had better hurry to the hospital. I thought we were totally fine. 6 minutes apart. We threw a couple more things in our bag and were on the road quickly. Kit was concerned about his job of getting me to the hospital 45-60 minutes away. In a matter of minutes down the road they switched to 3-5 minutes apart and were intense. We arrived at the hospital a little after 5:15a. Kit checked me in while I ran to the bathroom and couldn't stop vomiting. The check in process was quick and our nurse met us in the hallway. Instead of doing a mountain of paperwork she put the baby monitor on and contraction monitor on and after learning this was baby #3 decided to check me. I was 8-9 cm and while having a cx, fully complete. She then just started asking as many questions as she could think of to forgo all the paperwork and paged other nurses to come set up the room. Dr. Moore walked in and I was 9 1/2 cm. We agreed and he broke my water and told the nurse to page when I was complete. It wasn't even 5 minutes later I said I had to push and Dr. Moore came in and hurriedly got dressed to deliver me. Less than an hour after arriving at the hospital, Wells was born @ 6:17am. He came out kicking, screaming and so pink. I hadn't ever had either boys placed on my chest because of their deliveries so it was such a special, sweet moment. We thank God for such a swift delivery and am so blessed for the whole experience. There is nothing like it! 
Here are some pictures of our stay at the hospital!

















8 comments:

Embracing Every Moment said...

Handsome. LOVE his name!!

babya34561 said...

Awesome story! He is so cute and the name his name is GREAT!

Lindsay said...

Wow,that was quick! What a cutie!

mamaw and papaw said...

Really enjoyed reading the story. Glad you arrived in time!!
I am sure Kit was concerned about delivering on 75. :)
Such sweet memories!!

KellyandKenny said...

Grace that is such a great story.. You look great!!!!

LauraSuz said...

Awwwww!!!! Thanks for sharing! And good job Wells for going easy on Momma!

Cincotta said...

Grace, you always have such great stories. I love them. He is another handsome one!!! Congrats to you and Kit!!! Love ya!

A urora said...

Finally a swift delivery! Hurrah!