Friday, May 25, 2012

Name Reveal...

Just wanted to do a quick post about why we chose the name Wells because several are wondering ;). No, it isn't a family name ;).  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE playing the baby name game and this time was no different but it WAS a challenge! When it's your first you can go any direction you like but as children are added, we like for them to continue to flow and fit in. I have a deep love for surnames...and while Henry is most widely known as a first name, it is a surname.
WellsNew Spring of Life, from the Well, old english surname. 
Wells holds such a special, sweet place in my heart.  God is so awesome to give us such a good gift that we weren't seeking or anticipating. 
 My absolute favorite hymn ever is It is Well.  Thus the name Wells came to us. Written by Horatio Spafford during extreme loss and heartache in his life, this hymn speaks of God's overwhelming peace (founded off of Psalm 146:1).  When I first found out I was pregnant, I took comfort in that, while Wells was a surprise to us, he has always been a part of God's plan and God was not phased. Suddenly, there was such peace and such thankfulness. God is control and we CAN do this...and it will be a joy! :) 

 So, we move forward as a family of 5 with a new team member and we love this new life God has given us! 

James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above..."

4 comments:

LauraSuz said...

What a beautiful post! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that hymn too.

Embracing Every Moment said...

Love his name & why you chose it!! What a sweet little blessing!!

A urora said...

Love it.

mwrausch said...

This is terrific! Love how you did the last pic. :-)