We had a great evening celebrating Porter's FIRST birthday and thank everyone who came! We originally thought it would be much, much warmer so we had to improvise on a new outfit for him and added Hot chocolate to the menu later because it was chilly! It's like it turned fall overnight! Oh well, I love being outside in the cooler weather and we made it work...just had to use some tacks to hold down the pennant banners for all the wind!! I took a few pictures of the details and then when people started coming, I really didn't get my camera out again. Thanks to my sister-in-law Kenlyn for taking shots of him opening presents and eating the cake and everyone who attended...THANKS!!! :)
The ONLY thing that makes me just sick is the fact that I didn't get a family pic or even one with just Kit and I with P. Totally didn't think about it until later. It's not at all your fault, Kenlyn, totally slipped my mind!! Oh well! Here's the handsome birthday boy!

It's like he knew the evening was for him! No one would have guessed the night before we were at Urgent Care for an ear infection and pink eye. I took him because he wasn't himself...definitely not because he was fussy because the boy doesn't do fussy!
I started out doing a "red wagon" party and it ended up being more of an antique/retro/red wagon party. I thought it turned out cute. Thanks for letting us use your "man cave" Dad! :)
I originally thought I'd put drinks in a wagon but my dad had just bought this old washing machine at an auction. Worked perfectly, dad! Thanks :)
Loved the paper straws...:)
Red wagon cupcakes (red velvet) and P's smash cake (made by Mamaw & Papaw...THANK YOU!!) & thanks to my mom for scouting out the wagon!
Individual ice-creams in petite mason jars...I thought these were adorable :)
Cute little red wagon holding candy...thank you Aunt Shana for the find! :)
More red velvet cupcakes with toppers made by Aunt Kenlyn! Thanks :)
These bottles seemed to be a hit! They were starbucks frappucino bottles that Kit totally sacrificed and drank these for me so I could wash them and reuse for the party! ;)

My mom and I made those fabric pennant banners...I thought they turned out cute!
Oreos as known as "wagon wheels" for the party!! :) We had pizza, salad, chips, fruit salad for dinner.
Drink/dessert table
More pictures of Porter and his party later... :)












5 comments:
we sure enjoyed it! everything looked so good! i am SO bummed too about the pics of you guys! :*( i'll try to get the pics all done this weekend when i have an extra set of hands...ha! ;o)
No problem! Whenever you can is fine!! Don't feel bad about the family pic...not your fault!!
It all looks so good-- you did a great job. Porter looks so big!
Mallory said she wants you to help her with her next party... ;-)
Oh my goodness...what a compliment!! I'd LOVE to!! :)
Post a Comment