Anywho... I want to give our bedroom a makeover, or 'a spruce up' but for the smallest amount of $$ as possible. The paint isn't changing. Our room is a decent size and it was a big undertaking so that stays, we still love all our furniture so that stays, trying to find some nice lamps...anyone have a suggestions? From goodwill to hobby lobby, pier 1 and everywhere in between I can't find one I like that isn't $250! ha!
We moved around our bedroom a while ago. Our bed is under the windows and the chaise more towards our door but I can't find any pictures so I guess I'll do it this way...
BEFORE
AFTER
(sorry, I'm shooting into the light...hard to see!)
Those curtains pack a nice punch, don't ya think? I saw this idea on another blog and my mom and Kit helped out with these! I bought a canvas drop cloth from Lowe's ($20.00) and my mom sewed them into curtains for me! Then, Kit measured out the stripes (bless him! bless him!) otherwise I can guarantee the stripes would be running downhill! ha! Then, I used paint I already had and painted them!
So, for $20, I have new curtains!
The bedding I bought ended up being a ridiculously good deal. I've stared at them forever at JcPenny. I thought it kinda looked a little 'pottery barn-ish' but it was still pretty pricey! I went in one day and it was 60% off plus another amount at checkout (it was father's day weekend). Oh yeah, it was a gooood deal! :)
So, there are still a handful of other ideas I'd like to do but thought I'd post this before I forgot!



5 comments:
Looks great!! You have such talent for decorating!!!
I see Poppa had some help with that measuring. :)
LOVE it! such a good idea & love savin' that money!! :) looks really nice!! :)
I have a couple of places that I have bought lamps:
Target clearance (the area just beyond the picture frames): $10
Goodwill: $7 (plus a Lowes shade for $15)
The Antique Mall: I'm thinkin it was $10 or $12 (Spray painted it with paint I had)
JoAnn's clearance: $7 (plus shades)
And my mom just bought a $250 lamp at HomeGoods for $20
My fave is the one from the Antique mall... strange enough.
OH and I have another one that I bought on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $18. Our Hobby Lobby is double regular size... so, there is quite a selection there.
It's looks so different! Glad you got that bedding. ;-) Have you looked at Garden Ridge for lamps? Just a thought.
Post a Comment