Saturday, March 05, 2011

Our BiG liTTle Six Month Old!

Oh my goodness...I know I say this all the time but...really?! It's been 6 months?! Porter...I've never known a more content, laid back baby. You have the best personality!! You are calm, content and patient. I guess you have to be since I'm usually very busy chasing after your brother but there are times I "think" I'm feeding you solids and actually my aim is a little off while I am talking to Henry and when I look over at you, you have your mouth wide open...like, "Hey Mom! A little to the left please!!" But you smile and are patient!
You are still super smiley. Me, Poppa, Henry or strangers...you could care less. If someone is smiling at you, you are so polite to smile right back! You still laugh the hardest with your brother.
You are starting to sit up pretty well, still have tumbles here and there but again...you think it's pretty cool and laugh it off.
It's amazing. You and your brother couldn't be more night & day different and I love that about both of you!
You enjoy watching us. Especially at the dinner table. You are quite intrigued. You think Gisele is hilarious and you love going on walks as much as your brother loves to push you on a walk :)
You are still a great sleeper and napper. You wake up happy and just start smiling when your eyes pop open. You are still swaddled! I have tried a couple time lately and you don't feel secure enough yet. You are getting there...You are still a very slow roller-over. You don't care what position we leave you in. You will really only roll over when no one is in the room and you start to get bored....from from front to back and back to front. If anything you are scooting...oh, dear!!
You are starting to be super drooly...but still no sign of teeth.
Next week is your doctors appt and I'm guessing you are somewhere around 21 pounds?!
I pretty much skipped buying anything in 9 mo and starting with 12 months because I'd like for you to wear some things more than once or twice but it's just not quite warm enough to break out Big Brothers summer clothes that he wore...we are getting there, though!! :)
You are really enjoying solids! You think cereal and veggies are fantastic! Fruits are still growing on you...
We love you to pieces! I LOVE that you and Henry are really starting to enjoy each other and it's too cute to see Henry speak for you. "Porter no want cereal...he wants ice cream!" or "Porter wants Apple juice, too!". It's all super sweet and we love you little boys like crazy!!
I can't believe you are a half of a year old....no way!!

 I don't want you to grow up too quickly but I love thinking about when you and H can go out in the back yard and play together!! :)

4 comments:

Embracing Every Moment said...

half way to a year!!! UNREAL!!! what sweet pictures of him! HaPpY 6 MoNtHs Mr. PoRtEr!!

mamaw and papaw said...

These are such sweet pictures!!
Hard to believe it has been 6 months. What a wonderful little family. We love you all.

A urora said...

Happy 6 months, Porter! We love you!

Shana said...

great smiles! happy 6 months :)