So...those who know me really well know i've been looking for a piece for my entry way since...well...since we moved here 2 1/2 years ago! I've had several things in that spot and the most recent is from the picture below (I forgot to take a 'before' of the area) but saw this picture and I think it gives you a good idea. When we were first married I liked to be matchy-matchy. That is no longer the case. Now, I'm about deals, bargains and thrifting to furnish my home. I'd rather take a chance on something for cheap and if it doesn't work out, sell it than thinking I have to hold onto it for a lifetime because of how much I paid for it. Anyway.... I've been looking for a while! :)
Last Friday the boys and I were planning to stay home but it was such a beautiful day out, I decided to head over to church and let Henry play on our churchs' playground. Leaving the neighborhood, I noticed one of my neighbors was having a garage sale. I spotted this piece but we were on our way out. Well, when we came back in, I still saw the piece sitting in the driveway. I hopped out and asked how much. Long story short...I bought this table for $10.00.
A little removal of the hardware, a little sanding, and it was time to paint...
First coat...
Ta-DAH!!
New Paint & New Hardware.
Added some letters to the wall...everything else I had.
I love THIS BLOG. Ever since I saw THIS POST, I've been wanting something in my house that color. It was a perfect piece to try it out on, and I LOVE IT!!
I'm learning the secret...being patient and waiting for that good deal to come along. Unfortunately, that is the hardest part for me! But, so rewarding when it does finally come along!
Overall Cost:
Table $10.00
Paint: $4.00
Hardware: $9.00
Letters: $9.00
= $32.00 and a totally new feeling when you walk into our house
LOVE IT!!
:)
Table $10.00
Paint: $4.00
Hardware: $9.00
Letters: $9.00
= $32.00 and a totally new feeling when you walk into our house
LOVE IT!!
:)
3 comments:
AWESOME!!! what a bargain! love, love, love it!!! great job!! :)
that color turned out well. It all looks good together! Now tell me which color to paint my project... ;-)
Looks super great. I've always been so impressed with your Berninger gals and your sense of color. So, are you going to show it to the neighbor you bought it from?
Post a Comment