So...I am definately NOT the most organized person but boy, we sure try to be...and, I feel like we are getting there...somedays...
Our house is definately not large by any means but we are thankful for it! I'm trying to utilize every inch we have because we have added two little ones since we moved in! :)
So...it all works better when there is a place for everything. It's as simple and as hard, as that!
Anywho...
Kit put this up for me last spring and it's the best little project we could have done! This is right after you walk through our laundry room...this in on the left, the pantry is on the right and the kitchen is the next thing you walk into. Keys, sunglasses, out-going mail, purse, hats, little jackets...all have a place! And, Henry knows it has a place so we can hang his little backpack up, too! It's hidden, too, which I like so visitors don't see and it's convenient as we are walking out the door/ coming back in....
This is what I actually wanted to show. Something we've had that we just weren't utilizing. This barrister was upstairs in our bedroom. Holding books. that we never read. So...we brought it down here. This area is "suppose to be" a eat-in kitchen...ha!! There is just really no room so we always eat in the dining room. Which I love having a dining room so it's not a big deal. Anyway...we brought the barrister down here...I bought some baskets (same ones we use in the toy room) and we each have one. Love. LOVE. LOVE!! Simplest thing ever. BIG help and GREAT change. Since all the bedrooms are upstairs but we LIVE on the mainlevel...it's nice to put burp rags, bibs in Porter's baskets and socks, hats, etc in Henry's baskets. That saves me many trips upstairs and also doesn't take up my kitchen drawer space. Kit can throw his wallets and papers in his and I keep receipts and journal, etc in mine. We also have a church basket for our studies and lesson plans. It's great. I love it. Wish I would have thought of it sooner!
I think the total cost was: $35 for baskets
3 comments:
What a great idea and great use of space!! At least you think of it while your kids are still little, it takes me a lot longer to think of things. I need to do something like that by our garage door. That would keep our counter clean.
I love the little nook you have near your pantry!
We did something much MUCH smaller than this but I put a basket on the writing desk right next to the front door so when Dan comes in he just puts all his stuff in there. He's no longer running around trying to find all his things in the a.m.
Everything looks adorable - as usual!
Post a Comment