Friday, March 18, 2011

Catching up!

We have been enjoying this weather so much!!! Lately, I know I have had a picture on here daily but alot of times they are preloaded so I feel like I haven't "talked" on here for a while! ;).
Big news, big news...we now have a Wal-Mart!! Little, tiny, blink and you'll miss it town of Locust Grove has a Wal-Mart. And...it's the cutest little Wal-Mart I've ever seen. Seriously...it's SO small. I guess it's something new they are doing for small towns. I like it. I mean, I'm not necessarily a Wal-Mart girl but I like that it has all the basics and needed items...not just aisles and aisles of fluff. And, of course, opening day it was brand spankin' new clean and every checkout was open. So, it was fast and they were friendly. Doubt that will last long but the boys and I had fun checking it out and they sent a $5 giftcard to all residents to come and check them out. Of course, we had to take them up on free $5!! :)
For whatever reason, I have been busy every night. I never usually am gone in the evenings but this week for whatever reason, as soon as Kit has walked in the door...I have 30 seconds to tell him what's up for the boys, that dinner should be ready in a matter of minutes and I'm running late for a meeting....
So...tonight I thought I'd do something special for him. I sure hope he doesn't read this blog today...he never does but watch...today he will!! LOL :)
Another couple from church volunteered to watch the boys whenever. So, I called them yesterday and got it all set up. I hope to run the boys out there and back before he gets home. A little surprise for him! It'll be nice to go out to dinner and talk in complete sentances!! ha! :)
Yesterday, we all wore our green for St. Patty's Day and the boys even had green bath water for the special day!
Porter is sitting up well but still scares me in the bath so I brought his Bumbo up. The first bath with him sitting up. He LOVED it!! I think you'll be able to tell by pictures! :)
Oh and Porter is STILL sleeping this morning. I'm about ready to go wake him up...last night was the FIRST night unswaddled and he did FABULOUSLY!! I know, I know, I'm weird. Some people sing their baby to sleep, some people give their baby a pacifier to sleep, some people rock their baby to sleep....I love to SWADDLE mine!! But, *Sniff, sniff* he's such a big boy, it is time to stop and put away my piles of receiving blankets... :(. I sure love me a baby burrito!!
Enjoy some pictures....





This picture cracks me up!
Such a cute expression on H...
umm....Porter...you have a tail by your nose! haha :)
Have a great weekend

4 comments:

Embracing Every Moment said...

adorable pictures! enjoy your evening out!! :) how fun!! :)

mamaw and papaw said...

love the pictures, such wonderful moments you have captured.
enjoy your evening, I am sure Kit and you will and the boys will enjoy theirs too.

jennifer said...

Enjoy your evening and LOVE your little message at the end....Your BoYs are SOOOOOO CuTE!!!!!

LauraSuz said...

I'm LOVING the green bath water idea...and stealing it for next year!!