Tuesday, September 15, 2009

9 month well check

Henry officially turns 9 months old tomorrow but we went to his Pediatrician today since Dr. A has the next two weeks off. He is measuring right on track and today his stats were
Weight: 21# 2
Length: 27 3/4"
He also got a finger prick to check his hemoglobin which determined he is low so we'll get him started on a multivitamin with iron and recheck in 3 months.
He received two shots, one of which was the 1st of two doses of the flu vaccine and so he'll return in one month to finish that up.
I was unprepared that I would be filling out a ginormous questionairre on his motor skills & development but am so thankful I was able to answer "YES" to everyone!
I snapped the pictures above after we came home and yes, Henry is exhausted! He still had a great attitude at the office for someone who completely missed his morning nap!
He is really pulling up all the time and on everything (except the stairs...he doesn't even notice them and has yet to try to climb them)!! He took a couple of hard falls trying to figure out how to get back down when he first started pulling up...but now it is so cute because he is ever-so-careful and precise!!

3 comments:

mamaw and papaw said...

What a cute little boy.
So glad to hear everything is going well for Mr. Henry.
Love you all,

Anonymous said...

Yay for Henry! And way to go Mom and Dad for all that you have done for him!
Hey, since his iron is low...up his meat intake. Meat is a great source of iron for babies and is very well absorbed. Many drs rec giving meats as baby's first foods, epecially to breastfed babies, so help prevent or treat low hemo. counts. :)

Leslie H. said...

I love the couch pictures! I remember exactly when Cole went from falling down to slowly lowering himself down:-) During that transition it was so cute to see him try so carefully (and slowly) to lower himself down...Ah wish I had a time machine:-)
If you are going to introduce chicken (not sure if you have or not), I'd suggest stewing some chicken. Cole absolutely loves eating stewed chicken--right now he eats it shredded as finger food, but at first I blended it for him (and mixed it with apple sauce or his favorite veggies). He also is crazy about black beans. I use a can of low sodium black beans, rinse it for 1 minute to remove more salt, than I smash it with a fork and make little bean-size balls that he gobbles up! At first, I used a blender and spoon fed it to him. Not sure where Henry is at on finger foods, but Cole liked them either way.