Many of you know I'm a huge LIST person. I have a daily To-Do lists, a weekly To-Do list, a Grocery List, A Meal Planner List, etc. I get so much satisfaction in crossing it off the list and marking it complete!
I must drive my poor husband nuts with all the "house things to do" but I just think that you should personalize and update your house and make it the way you want. I'd rather make the changes and enjoy living with them then making them at the last moment before you sell and not get to enjoy them at all (we've already learned that lesson).
So, I had an awesome weekend. Well, WE had an awesome weekend...I think :). I love the Lowe's kind of Saturdays. The wake up, make your list, get all the measurements, put it in the cart, use your coupons, come home, work on it right away and get it all installed before the weekend is over!! Go to your list and cross it off... it feels so good :)
We were able to find a organizer piece that matches our bathroom pretty close for extra storage, an organizer for the baby's closet, Kit went through his office and has pretty much gotten the filing cabinet organized again and installed the pulls in the kitchen, guest bath and our bathroom.
The pulls are simple.
We kept with the polished silver since the rest of the house is accented with it.
The dogs had a nice weekend too! They enjoy Kit being home on the weekends and we took a couple long walks and last night even ventured into the woods behind us. In this picture they had to stay since I was playing "find the truck!" with them. Grover as always is very good with anything that requires him to use his nose. Gisele just follows Grover around and at the end expects a treat when Grover produces the missing toy. Who can resist her big, brown eyes?! Of course she gets a treat :)
We would like to ask for continued prayer about finding a church family. Yesterday we went to the same church here again in Locust Grove. We made it to Sunday School and Worship yesterday. We really like it and there is alot of growth going on with the church. Yesterday, I asked a couple we have gotten to know to show me the nursery area and like the rest of the church is very clean and well organized. We have enjoyed the Pastor's sermons and love the fact he is non apologetic about teaching directly from the Bible. We are getting used to hearing the Southern twang! :) Anyway, we decided next week we should try something else out so we'll see where we go!
Nothing much on the baby front. I ordered the changing table and a side table for the nursery last week. I look for them to arrive early next week...then the baby's room should be complete and can become better organized. The last big item we need to buy is a Pac 'N Play. The last week I feel as though I have really gotten "big" and running up and down the stairs doesn't really seem as possible as it once was. But I am still feeling great...
Well, I better stop typing and get to the store :).
Love,
Grace
1 comment:
Kit and Grace, the pulls on all the cabnetery looks great, what a difference a handle will make. Grace, sounds like you and Denise and the monkey boys had a great day, hope all is coming together for the Christmas babies. Love you both lots and can't wait til we see you again, you never know when that next trip to GA will be. Love Aunt V
Post a Comment