Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hospital Visit

Last week I wasn't feeling well and woke up Wednesday morning thinking I had a stomach bug. So, I started the BRAT (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) diet and it wasn't helping. Without going into too much details, something was wrong.  I called the OB on call just to go over everything on the phone and she suggested we come to the Labor & Delivery at the hospital to make sure baby boy was fine and run some tests. Baby boy looked great on the monitors and in no distress at all. They thought about keeping me overnight but we all decided I'd rest better at home. Long story short, I ended up having a bacterial infection in my intestines. My OB said that normally if you have this it seems like an awful flu bug and doesn't need medication but since I'm pregnant and immune system is low, antibiotics is needed to fully recover. And two doses in, I'm feeling much, much better. The concern with baby boy is preterm labor from being dehydrated so I've done nothing but sit on the couch and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. We appreciate everyone's prayers for the rest of the pregnancy!

5 comments:

Embracing Every Moment said...

Praying & so glad your feeling better! <3

KellyandKenny said...

Praying for you and little Cas. Glad to hear your feeling better..

kayasmom said...

oh no Grace!!!! Poor mama!!!! I will be praying for you! Lots of rest, lots of pampering!

mary said...

Grace, sorry you've been under the weather but so glad you are getting better. You know dishes can wait, the house doesn't need to be spotless but all 3 boys need you to get better.
I can imagine that Henry would love to be your go-fetch this for mommy helper.
Grampie and I will also be praying for you all.
This might be a good time for Kit to show you his cooking talent!
Love from us both. Grammy

LauraSuz said...

We had a dehydration scare with Annabel. It IS scary! Take you of yourself and I'll definitely say a some prayers.