Henry seems to think a "birthday party" should be whatever you are getting for your birthday present so all Henry wants is a "combine" party. Which means...all he wants is a combine toy ;)
So, when my birthday was coming up I asked him if he was going to decorate for my party! I thought he'd say something like, "you want a tractor party too?" or "how about a pink tractor party?" Instead he said, "you are having a pink jacket party!!" (which totally gave away the present). niiice. I should win an award for still acting surprised! ;)
A toaster is called a "French Toaster" by Henry (He loves French Toast)
The other night I asked Henry if he wanted some cheese and he said, "Not that kind, it too sparkly." He's had a lot of fun decorating for Christmas :)
Henry still leads us in team cheers and it just cracks us up. He's a good inspirational coach. "Come on Cadwallader!" "Go Team Cadwallader!" "You can do it!" "Porter, let's get this done!" and so on. It's cute :)
Oh my goodness, so one night, dinner wasn't going over very well with me (pregnancy) and Henry (who isn't suppose to leave the table unless excused) pulled his chair out, got down and started walking around the table. Kit asked him what he was doing and he just looked at him and said, "I'm giving momma a kiss, she doesn't feel good." so sweet. made my heart melt.
________________
Porter loves transferring objects, dumping objects and tearing into objects. Pretty much, whatever Porter is allowed to play with doesn't interest him. It's only the things that he's not allowed to play with that is truly fun for him.
For example... The Trash can.
1.) One day I pulled out nine pairs of shoes from the trash can. Porter must have had the most fun putting one shoe in at a time. Where was I? Getting sick.
2.) This one just made me laugh out loud. It was a big laundry day at our house and I had all the laundry in nice piles waiting to go in the washer. It was midday and I had one more load left to put in. Henry called for me in the bathroom and when I came back out the laundry pile was gone. All that remained was one little white sock. I almost thought I had lost my mind until I looked at P, who flashed a smile. Of course...a whole load of laundry in the trash can....POOORRRTTTEERRRRRR!!!!
I used to do all the laundry and have it all put away by the days end. Lately, that hasn't been happening. I'm good to get it washed, folded and upstairs so the next morning I can get it all put away. One week I was upstairs making my bed only to walk to the hallway and see that Porter had taken his clean, folded laundry and item by item thrown it over the banister to fall downstairs into our family room. Thanks Porter but we only throw over dirty laundry...not clean that I get to refold and bring back upstairs :).
We Love You little boys and you sure do keep life interesting around here :).
4 comments:
bahahaha...love them!
these are great!! love it! thanks for sharing!! :)
the "glamorous" life of a mom! thanks for sharing :)
Oh my!! Never a dull moment!
Post a Comment