Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Allow change

2011 has been one of continual change. I will never forget this year. Never in this year have I had so many highs, lows, changes, structure, confusion, clarity, disappointments and sheer happiness. But, at the same time, I've never felt closer to Him than I have this year. I've had alot of growing up to do. There is alot I don't put on this blog for many reasons but I am setting down at this computer writing what God is pressing on my heart. I had no idea I'd write this post today but feel that He just wants me to.
As I was just sweeping and mopping my floors, I was praying today for my friends. I wouldn't say I'm one of those people who has tons of friends, I have lots of "sweet acquaintances" and then only a select few "friends". You know the kind, the kind who you can call in the middle of the night, they would do anything for you and always have your back. I'm so thankful for these friends. Some of these friends overlap as family and some of them I consider to be family. It got me thinking...some of these friends wouldn't be on my "top list" if they didn't choose to forgive me at times and allow me to change. We're all human but I've had my fair share of "sinful moments and choices" where some people could easily have thrown up their hands and walked away. But they didn't. That's powerful.
I guess what I'm trying to say is...do you allow people to change? or how you saw them when you first met them is how they'll always be "forever"?


6 comments:

Embracing Every Moment said...

GREAT powerful post, grace! thanks for sharing!! :)

Grammie said...

Grace, God surely was directing your thoughts and feelings and is blessing your heart as you obey His promptings.
It blesses others as it blesses you. Never ignore His promptings for they are food for your Spiritual growth.
Love you
Grammie

A urora said...

I'm so proud of you. You've been such an encouragement to me. Love you so much.

Embracing Every Moment said...

ditto with amy!!!! <3

mamaw and papaw said...

Grammie said it best for me! She does have a wonderful way with the words. You are such a blessing to our family. I am still trying to grow up to, I might think I have in some areas but in others I lack that growth still. Thankful for the people God puts in my life who help me to grow and love me through that growth. Love you and proud of you too!!!!!

Unknown said...

People change. Perspectives change.

Not only do I find that people change, but I also find that my personal perspective changes. So often misunderstandings and blind viewpoints prevent us from seeing who the real person is, deep on the inside, prior to passing opinions.

Your friendships are probably more equal than you're giving yourself credit.