It's official! Henry is potty-trained!! Last Monday was August 1st. I told myself we'd start August 1st. Monday morning I took off the diaper and thought I'd see what happened. We had potty success all morning and from there...we never looked back. NO. MORE. DIAPERS. FOR. HENRY!!! wahoo!!!! He has done fabulously and with the exception of one morning, has continued to stay dry all night. Our biggest hurdle was "Mr. Stinky". But, you see the Thomas train behind the toilet in the pictures? That was his prize if he went. He begged. He cried. He wanted that train. He must have just made up his mind because Saturday after lunch, he told us it was coming, and immediately knew what to do. Haven't looked back since...So. Being on this side of it I'd say, not a big deal! BUT, last Thursday...I was WEARY. Asking every 2.5432124569734 minutes, "Do you have to go potty?!", "We dont go in our underwear!!", "You need to tell momma when you need to go potty!!" was enough to make me go insane and wore.me.out. I didn't leave the house all week to stay consistent and, I spent probably the first three days walking behind him with gloves, rags and bleach. (HAHA! Just kidding... but I wanted to!!!!). I can definately see on "this side" of things how it's important for them to be ready. Henry defiantely was so it clicked and we really didn't have that many accidents. He knew what to do.
Grammy & Grampie...remember that book you gave Henry at Christmas, we have now read it 1,000 times and it definately contributed to his success! :)Honestly...this kid is motivated by gifts. He got money, candy, play-doh, books, little cars, games. Yes, I bribed him and rewarded him and it worked very well! ha!
Success!! Such a BIG boy! :)
4 comments:
YaY H!!! Great job BiG guy & yay for momma!! :)
WONDERFUL! SUPER! TERRIFIC! STUPENDOUS! Hey Henry, you need to ask for the diaper money for your bank!!!! :)
H has done so well. What a big kid!!
That's great! He looks so proud of himself.
MaryGrace begs for her diaper when she, lets say, not has to go pee pee, and I bribe her with fruit snacks and she runs as fast as she can to that potty. Kids are hilarious and the best.
Post a Comment