Monday, May 03, 2010

Weekends always go by way too fast! This weekend, I had the pleasure of attending the "Daughters of the King" mother/daughter fashion show at church to go towards the Honduras mission trip. Me and my friend Tate were in charge of hosting a table. Friday night we went and set up for the event. Every table had a theme and we had the MOPS 2010-2011 theme "Momology: The Art & Science of Mothering". We had alot of fun with the theme and I had little test tubes filled with nerds for gifts and we painted a couple of canvases, etc. Thanks to a little bit of my husband's chemical engineer stuff, we were set on the science end too! Our table was "fun" but other ladies went ALL out with their tables... gorgeous, fine china and beautiful flower centerpieces! There were over 200 ladies there and the pastors and deacons were our "servers". They did a fantastic job! It was alot of fun and enjoyable to see so many woman enjoying themselves!
Kit & Henry got to go to all the "man" stores in the morning while I was at church...you know, Lowe's, Auto Zone, etc?? :)
Saturday evening we ran to Griffin to get Henry's pillow sham for his big boy room monogrammed as they were having a major sale! We ended up staying in Griffin for dinner and Kit took us to a really yummy mexican restaurant him and his co-workers frequent. It was yummy and a good time was had by all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Painted canvases.... please share. We want to see! :o)

Kit*Grace said...

ha!! we are no artists....I'll have to see if she took a pic of the table...NOTHING compared to your talent!

mamaw and papaw said...

We want to see pictures too. It sure sounds fun and I bet you really enjoyed it and did a terrific job. You girls are all so talented. Looks like Poppa and Henry are having a great time too. Love to hear about the bonding for them. With another one on the way they will spend a lot of time together.

Shana said...

I LOVE this picture :)

Unknown said...

Oh, come on Grace... everyone has an inner artist, the whole secret lies in discovering her :o)