I wanted to be sure to write this down so I can remember in the future...
Henry is LOVES trash. He loves to pick up trash, throw trash away and is constantly asking if something is "twash, twash"? If he sees anything on our new floors, he'll run over, bend down, pick it up and announce proudly, "TWASH"!! It's probably b/c he sees me obsessing over the flooring now and I let him throw things away, especially if we are cooking or baking to keep him involved. I had to laugh though when the other day I spent extra time wrapping a birthday gift for his friend, Zoe. We are unfortunately going to miss her party this weekend but wanted to run it over before we left town. I took great joy in making it extra pink and frilly and used LOTS of curling ribbon. I loaded up H, the gift and off we went to deliver the package. I looked in my rear view mirror to see Henry tearing off all the curling ribbon and yelling "TWASH!!" Horrified, I was trying to reach behind me and grab it from him but I couldn't get to him. When we arrived at Zoe's house, I tried quickly to repair it before walking up to the door. My once fluffy, fun and frilly package was now crinkled, smashed, without life. We chatted for a while and there was Henry again near the gift this time he ripped off the ribbon for good and since he knows Zoe's house quite well, took the ribbon to the trash can! He proudly walked over to me and announced TWASH! as if he'd saved the gift from being eaten by the curling ribbon.
4 comments:
I know that was hard for you but keep smiling, just one of those little stories to share with him later. love to all
You have taught him well!!
Oh, save these kind of things for they will bless you even more later. Don't be surprised tho that some things he comes up with you might hope he didn't copy. [I know from experience] BUT all things happen for our good and we learn from them.
You are blessed and will be doubly blessed!
We're anxious to see you all--maybe this time Henry will decide that we belong in the family.
Grammy and Grampie
ha ha I think he was more excited about the 'trash' (tissue paper) I gave him than the little gift inside! ;-)
Oh how cute. Here is your future: You know how creative Mr. Grass is at awards day (which was today.) There are two boys who clean the gym every day after lunch so he gave them "Oscar Awards" (get it? Oscar the trash guy?, lol) for doing this all year. And guess what the award was? A trash can, of course! :-)
mwr
Post a Comment