Monday, August 10, 2009

FBC Locust Grove

Well, it's official. We are now members of First Baptist Church of Locust Grove!!!!
fbclocustgrove.com.
We are so thrilled to be apart of God's family and such a great church body. We are looking forward to finding our place in ministry and have already started a PLACE class on Wednesday nights.
This church has been such a blessing to us already. We have already formed lots of great friendships with other couples and they have been such an encouragement to me if I'm down because I'm homesick, have a question about schedules with Henry, need some advice, etc.
Last week Henry was promoted to the crawler's class and it's so great that they already have a few minutes of Bible Stories every week. It's so cute to see him and his buddies, Brady & Riley, sitting in the quad table learning about God !
Henry & I enjoy reading from his Children's Bible during the day and singing Jesus Loves Me with the hand motions. He is very intrigued with the motions!!
We are praying that Henry accepts Christ at a young age.
Also, I am loving the book, Shepherding a Child's Heart by Ted Tripp. Wonderful Read! I would definitely recommend it to anyone!! :)
I leave you with a picture from over the weekend.
We went to a park not far away and Henry enjoyed his time on the baby swings.


4 comments:

Embracing Every Moment said...

Congrats you guys! So happy you found a good church! May God continue to bless your family!

mamaw and papaw said...

I am very happy for you too.
God is so good to place a church family there for you when you are homesick for your family.

I must say Henry looks older in this picture. Boy will Christmas be fun.

Love to all!!

kayasmom said...

man, that henry is so stinkin cute. I just wanna pinch his cheeks!!!! congrats on the new church!!! Looks like you're feeling at home!

LauraSuz said...

That's so great!! It's the best find the right church for your family. I hope you guys receive so much grace from there!