I just got back from my doctor's appointment and it went really well!!
First of all I have to thank Kit so so so much for getting me the Garmin otherwise I would have no clue how to get there and would probably still be circling around Atlanta :). The drive wasn't bad and took me 50 minutes. Thankfully, I didn't run into any construction or traffic.
Dr. Moore was really nice along with his office staff. He is in sole practice by himself although he shares the office space and staff with one other physician. I enjoyed meeting him in his office first and allowing him to introduce himself and the practice.
Ok, onto the details :)
I was thrilled that I had only gained 2 pounds since my appt at 26 weeks. I thought my blood pressure was excellent since traveling by myself in a strange city! It was 120/84.
Next, I was surprised that he wanted to go ahead and do an ultrasound! He performed the ultrasound and was very pleased with all my measurements. The baby had a heart rate of 140 bpm and I got to see the detail of the chambers of the heart . The ultrasound estimated the baby to be at 4.1 pounds today (70+ percentile) and he predicts from all the measurements an 8 pound baby at delivery (who knows how accurate that REALLY is anyway!). The baby was head down and in position and again he commented how low the baby is! I told him he wasn't the first to say that...I'm just hoping that means the less I have to push :). He tried to get a 4D u/s of the face but baby had his/her hands covering so all I saw was a really high forehead like papa! haha
Well, that's about all I can remember.
Mamaw is going to get her wish of me delivering at a hospital like Clarian North. He said that the website is quite outdated and the women's center is over 9 stories tall. There is no sharing of rooms and there is a flat screen tv in all the rooms. He said that 2 years ago it was the top hospital in the nation for delivering babies and while some call it the "baby factory" he prefers to call it a 5 star hotel. I'll have to call and set up a tour but I was also glad to hear that the children's hospital (Scottish-Wright) is located just next door.
My next appt is in two weeks. I scheduled it so hopefully Kit will be able to come along!
That's all for now...
Love,
Grace
6 comments:
Yeah! So, thankful everything went well with your appt. and the baby looks good! Let me tell you, there is nothing like being in a hospital that doesn't feel like a "hospital", and is more like a 5 star hotel! You will feel like a queen. Too bad you couldn't see the face. Thanks for the update! Love you guys!
Thanks for the update! Glad it went well and how brave of you to go into Atlanta alone! Did the Dr. give you any pics? And no I am not thinking gender shots!
yay for an update! how exciting! i'm glad you found a doctor you like! keep us updated!
Grace and Kit,
So glad the appointment went well, hope you like Dr. Moore as much as Denise. Did you tell him you are related and due the same date?
Also I love the stroller, it looks really great, I guess this means you recieved that last shipment of moving items. Love ya lots. Aunt V
P.S. talk to you soon!
I am proud of you for driving into Atlanta. I don't think I could of done that. So glad you are happy with the hospital and the doctor.
Love,
Mom C
I know, I ventured into ATL all by myself and did just fine...I got a little nervous when it went to 6 lanes but then it was my exit before I knew it!
A.Vicki-yes, we got the last of our stuff and the stroller came unharmed! Praise the Lord :) I wrote on the paperwork I was referred by Denise but never got a chance to mention it today.
A. Shana- No pics, just the still shots on the u/s.
Post a Comment