Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm Alive!

Well, I survived my wisdom teeth extraction but I am not out of the woods yet! Friday was interesting as I think back I was under local IV sedation, not general, so I was able to hear them talk to me as they took my wisdom teeth out but I did not feel any pain or novacaine shots. I don't remember being wheeled to the Explorer but I do remember Kit telling me we were at Target! (haha, probably b/c I love it so much my eyes perked up). Kit picked up my Pain Medication and Antibiotic and we were well, back home...I don't remember any of the drive!

I remember I made it to the couch with my mouth almost all numb, my tongue was started to come out of it, and my face was full was having lots of gauze were my wisdom teeth once were.
So, my husband force fed me some jell-o and gave me some pain medication. Then, I remember him waking me up all the time to switch my gauze and since I had kept down a 1/2 tab of the pain med(Percocet may I inform you) to take another. I got sick oh, once, twice, too many too count. This lasted all throughout the day. The evening was ok, and Saturday I immediately started to feel better. Thinking to myself, I was going to a Memorial day get together and work would NOT be a problem on Tuesday.

Then Sunday, I was in a little more pain and held it together as our dear friends Chris & Sarah came with new little Anne Marie. Then, I couldn't take the pain any longer, so Kit pulled out some Darvocet...not that I get sick from it just loopy and fall asleep. I don't remember much of Sunday except the awful nighttime to which I could have sworn something was going wrong.

Monday morning Kit called the oral surgery office to see what we could do. We got the answering service but the technician immediately returned our call. I went in at 12 00 to find I had a dry socket which means none or possibly a small blood clot which is suppose to form was no longer there, exposing bone and nerves, therefore the intense pain. They then rinse my mouth with peroxide. (which I found out turns your tongue white) Then, stuffed the socket with an oddly looking tabacco like substance. So, there you have it folks, not to mention the swelling in my cheeks which I know is normal, Hey! at least I didn't bruise!!

No comments: