So...this is a very hard blog post to write. I really don't even know where to begin. I don't have all the answers and still have questions I am trying to seek out.
At 36 weeks with Ruby, I began having some problems and after seeing my doctor, was given antibiotics to treat what we thought was a bacterial infection, like I had during Wells' pregnancy. Only that didn't work. I wasn't getting better. But so close to delivery what can one do? Then, I delivered and wasn't getting any better. In fact...worse..much worse. I ended up going to the hospital and through a series of tests and specialists, was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. To say I've been in shock about this auto-immune disease is an understatement. Like a bad dream. Being postpartum and adjusting to life with a new baby is always a challenge, but this has been a whole new level of recovery & understanding.
Thankfully, my mom has stayed in town. There is no way I'd be able to take care of my family without her help.
I've tried two different diets, am on medications and am barely getting any relief. We have another doctor appointment this afternoon and we are really praying to get some answers. I would really like to be able to take care of family, be able to leave my house, and maybe even take my kids to the park? All of these have not been possible so far.
What do we know? That we still have so so so so many things to be thankful for. That we are blessed and even in this waiting and "season" that there is still good. God is good. All the time. Although I'd be lying if I said I haven't shed many tears, been very frustrated and had some rough days of thinking I'm never going to lead a "normal" life again.
It will get better...It just seems I have a very long road ahead of me.
So, we would appreciate your prayers. Praying of complete healing & remission. Prayers of my colon calming down and making a full healing.
I'll post more when I know more.
Thank you!
3 comments:
Love you and praying!!!!!!
Praying for you, Grace! So thankful your mom is able to be there...what a blessing!!!
Lifting you up everyday!! Very thankful your mom has been able to be there too!! Love you!!
Post a Comment