Here are some old wives tales and it's fun to see how 4 pregnancies have been similar/different::
Question: Rumor has it that if you are carrying your baby high, it's a girl. Carrying low? Stock up on blue.
Answer: Okay, on this one I'm going to say that I look the same? Thoughts? I feel like for the most part I'm usually all belly and carry out in front.
Question: Your baby's heart rate might be an indicator of its gender. if your unborn baby's heart rate is higher, above 140 beats per minute, that means you're carrying a girl. A lower heart rate below 140 bpm means you're having a boy.
Answer: This is not true for me. All my pregnancies have started with a high heart rate in the 160s for first appointments and towards the end come down to around 140s.
Question: Legends say that if you are having a little girl, she'll steal your beauty. So, if you've got acne and other not-so-pretty skin blemishes, you've got a little princess coming your way.
Answer: this definitely rang true for me. I would not say i'm "glowing" this pregnancy at all. The other pregnancies I did not have acne blemishes and overall felt much much better than this pregnancy.
Question: Dry hands and cold feet are signs of a boy. So, if you've got these ailments, break out the baby blue.
Answer: I would say this was the opposite for me. Never felt like I had dry skin with the boys but this pregnancy I'm definitely struggling with dry skin. Not sure about the cold feet ;).
Question: Craving sweets? According to some, that means your going to have a little girl. Salty and sour cravings indicate a boy.
Answer: I can't say I was directly sour or sweet for boys vs. girl. Henry was nachos and banana splits, Porter was donuts (how can I forget how many awful & yummy calories i consumed with him!!!), Wells was orange juice and carrots and milkshakes. This time I would say the number 1 craving is: strawberry!! I tell Kit she may very well have some red/strawberry blonde hair because of all the strawberries I have eaten!! It's a little out of control! ha! I've found if you put a few chocolate chips on a plate in the microwave for a few seconds and then top with strawberries, it's the perfect easy "strawberry & chocolate" fix :).
Question: Chinese birth charts use your age at conception and the month you conceived to determine the sex of your baby.
Answer: This predictor was accurate for each pregnancy using each one of my due dates!
The Chinese chart says you're having a boy! (Henry due 12/25/08)
The Chinese chart says you're having a boy! (Porter due 9/10/10)
The Chinese chart says you're having a boy! (Wells due 5/24/12)
The Chinese chart says you're having a girl! (Baby girl due 10/14/13)
Question: morning sickness means pink. If you're stricken with a queasy stomach during your first trimester, think ribbons and bows. If you sail through your pregnancy with nary an upset stomach, it's blue all the way.
Answer: For me, Henry was the easiest pregnancy by far but also, he was my first so I got to put my feet up whenever I wanted and I think that has a lot to do with it. Porter & Baby girl's pregnancy might tie for the worst morning sickness. Moving with 3 small kids definitely didn't help in "taking it easy" the first trimester this time around :). Wells was pretty mild overall.
Question: After you have your first child look at the back of their hairline- if it is pointed your next child will be of the opposite sex- if it is straight across it will be the same sex....
Answer: This was freaky!! It was correct!!! Wells has a point :)
Question: For those who don't know, linea ligra is the darken vertical line that runs down your abdomen during pregnancy. It usually appears or darkens during the second trimester.
Answer: This was the one thing that made me think maybe I was having a girl this time? The other 3 pregnancies I got the line right away. Have yet to have one this time. Either for me that's the difference between boy v girl or my body is just exhausted! lol.
6 comments:
Some of these I have never heard of. Very interesting to see the comparison. Glad you a feeling better!
Caroline has a point in her hair!! We shall see (Eventually - I'm not pregnant)
Those were fun!!
Laura- my sister has 4 kids...b,g,b,g and I had her check and it was correct for all hers too!
WEIRD!!! but SOOOO fun!! - laura
Those are soo cool! I've never heard any of them before.
Yes- hairline and chinese calendar were right for me, too!
Fun stuff especially when we don't care which gender God gives us. :-)
Post a Comment