Here is what I kept hearing... :)
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Intruder in the House?! :o)
This morning Henry and I had finished breakfast and started in on our day which means going back upstairs to make the bed, get dressed, brush our teeth, etc. We were up in our bathroom when I heard a man's voice. Alarmed I thought to myself, "I didn't hear the phone ring" and thought someone was leaving a voicemail. Checked the phone, no message left. So, we went about our business. Still upstairs, I was startled to hear the voice again! The dogs were barking, and I looked outside and no one was near the house. Thinking I'm starting to lose my mind, we kept moving along. Not much longer and there was the voice again! This time we stopped everything and I ran to the stairs. The voice was coming from the dining room! WHAT ON EARTH?! As I listened closer to the voice, I noticed it was manly and expressive. But what's that he's saying....an old Christmas story? HA! At that moment it all made sense....I had laid Henry's recordable Christmas book in the dining room that he had received from Mamaw & Papaw for Christmas and I guess it is sensitive to light so Papaw's voice kept turning on and off! Way to get my heart going this morning! ;)
The Culprit! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ha! that would have been rather frightening when you didn't know what it was...glad you found the "intruder" :).
lol...i know the heart pounding you were feeling, but being that it ended up being papaw is pretty funny :D
Oh my. I'm pretty sure I would have called 911. If I didn't faint first. So thankful all was well. Bet you still checked to be sure your doors were locked after that. :-)
mwr
You really had me going!!!
Can you imagine if you did call 911 and they came in and tell you it was the Santa book? Wait till papaw gets home and sees this. I am so glad you keep the doors locked and have dogs. I know there are times, but at times like that I am glad of your dogs. What a chuckle!!!!
oh Grace, this is too funny! i would have most certainly peed my pants,though. :) ps. that book is TOO SWEET!
Post a Comment