Monday, September 29, 2008

We should be there soon...

Hey All-
Well, we finally have got some great news, after much silence from the foreclosure bank...we do have a closing date set for Monday, October 6th @ 1:00p.m. We will be starting the drive down next weekend. We appreciate everyone's prayers for us so far. We are looking forward to getting settled in Georgia. I have been feeling great and it has been so nice to relax and have a "calm before the storm" so to speak before we have lots of boxes to unpack. I can't believe I'm 7 months along already.
I believe most of you know that I failed my 1 hour glucola test so I had to return for a 3 hour test. I was going to wait upon our arrival to Georgia but with the recent delay I went ahead and had it done here in Lafayette on Friday and have yet to hear the results although I expect them back tomorrow. That's something I really don't ever care to do again ;).
Sorry for the recent lack of communication. The dogs have been enjoying a truly country life out here on the farm although along with it comes the slow internet dial up connection and makes checking e-mail an almost all day process :).
Kit left for Georgia this morning and has arrived safely. He will return on Wednesday evening; just enough time to come home and pack up to start the drive down.
We are looking forward to seeing our things again and having a larger variation in wardrobe since we orginally thought we were only going to be at my parents for a few days...which will end up being more like 2 1/2 weeks. They have been so generous and things have gone really well.
It was so nice for my sister to come down for a quick visit over the weekend and bring Erika. We had a great day of shopping and ooohing and aaahing way too much in all the cute baby departments :).
So, some final hurdles for us in the move to Georgia would be: 1. Pray for our safety traveling to Georgia 2. A Smooth closing on our house in Georgia. 3. The movers being able to work us back in their schedule since our things had to go to storage. Hopefully it will be timely and can be as closest to the 6th as possible.

Thanks again for all your prayers!!!

Love,
Kit and Grace
Baby Cad

Grover and Gisele, too!!

3 comments:

Embracing Every Moment said...

Thanks so much for the update! We were wondering how things were going! Let us know what you find out tomorrow from your test results! Love You Guys!

Joey said...

how exciting! :) you guys will be in our prayers... & i finally downloaded the pics from your shower, so let me know what email address to send them to! :)

Anonymous said...

It's Wednesday, Dr. Wilson is here but you are not :(. It looks like you are doing fantastic! Your house looks like a showroom. I love the use of colors (especially in the nursery). I'll be hoping for your safe journey to Georgia and Godspeed.
love, ellie