Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lil' this, Lil' that...

Hope ya'll are enjoying {Sweet} summertime.
This past weekend Kit and Henry went out and had a Day & Night date. I think they BOTH enjoyed going HERE. They even got to see Lawn Mower races and Henry was THRILLED! ha!
 While the boys went out, Porter and I also left the house. We did a little shopping and all I kept thinking was...ONE is SO easy! hahaha :)
 Sunday night we had the privilege of having Uganadan Thunder at our church which provides pennies for posho (See link with Uganadan Thunder). They were amazing! Kit & I ran the sound and video like we do alot of Sunday nights and they had cancelled toddler nursery that night so the kids would go in the sanctuary. Since H didn't have anyone to sit with, Ms. Donna (his teacher) volunteered but she also got a couple other kids who parents were serving so Henry ended up sitting with the Youth group (Ms. Donna still supervising). I was a nervous wreck that he'd be out of control but no, he was, of course, perfect. You know if he was sitting with us he probably would have acted up but for the 15 year old (we love you, Brandon!), he was perfect! ha! I'd rather it be that way than for him to be awful with others, i guess :)
 Worship for these children is a full body expression and it was amazing to see their enthusiasm for our Savior!!
I tell ya what, I closed my eyes and Porter grew up. Last week he wasn't doing a whole lot and over the weekend he decided to drink from a cup, drink out of his fruit pouches, eat with his fingers, pull up to standing and not only that but is now...cruising the furniture. Uh, slow down little buddy!! :)
Here he was last night before our run...he did NOT like being on the wrong side of the window!
This was cute.  Kit was trimming bushes and using the extra large shears. To Henry, they just looked like extra large pliers so he ran inside and got his from his tool box! too cute!

Last week I called my mom and said, I think there is something wrong with Henry...she said, "ut oh, what's wrong?" I said, well, for some reason, the only thing that will come out of his mouth for the last two days is NO! ha! He sure learned that and so that's his answer to most things lately...lovely... :)

A couple cute things Henry has said lately...

Me: Who is your brother?
H: Porter.
Me: What's his name?
H: Porter Cad-wall-errr
Me: Porter Cadwallader? Do you remember his middle name?
H: Porter Cryin'
Me: you mean Porter Ryan?
H: oh yeah, Porter Whinin'
haha

(I quickly threw together an olive oil dip for our bread with supper the other night)
Me: Whatcha want, H? You look like your trying to find something...
H: Where did dat all-kinds-of-oil go?
Me: You mean olive oil?
H: Yup, all kinds of oil!

This is some serious 'guy' humor
H likes to let us know if he has went "toot-toot" so one night Kit said, You are a tootin' machine. Somehow H has lengthened it so if he does go toot he looks at your laughing and says, "I'm a tootin-time-machine!" lol!!

He is all sorts of growing up on us!! He says, "May I be excused, ma'am/sir" from the table and will carry his plate to the sink. It's adorable and after I come out of the bathroom from getting ready, whether it's a tank top and shorts or all fancied up he says, "Ooooooohhhh, Momma!! You are soooooo pretty!!!" "You look pretty cute!" haha!

2 comments:

mamaw and papaw said...

I love all the new information. They truly are growing up quickly. Thank you so much for sharing all this news. I miss you all!!!

Lindsay said...

Awwwww! I love it! What sweet boys:)