Saturday, December 15, 2007

Oh, How I love dates!

We had just finished Skating Well, at least you can see the building where we ice skated



I absolutely love spending time with my husband. Today was a productive day for me. I was able to play with the dogs outside this morning while we were getting flurries, send out a few more Christmas cards of people I had missed, wrapped all the christmas presents and just "relaxed". Kit had practice this morning for the christmas program at church and brought home a couple items that we might need if we get "snowed in". Oh how I would love to get snowed in! How fun is it to be with your best friend in your house!
Anyway, back to the story. I was planning on being "in" tonight when Kit spoke up and said, "let's go ice skating!". Now, we haven't been ice skating since the day we got engaged 4 years ago. It was so much fun outside with Christmas music playing as big snowflakes fell gently on your eyelashes ...if that won't get you in the spirit of Christmas! Come to think of it...neither of us fell even once! By the end I was able to skate without squeezing Kit's hand to balance myself;).

Next stop....Starbucks! When Kit ran in to get me my FAVORITE---white chocolate mocha (decaf, please!) I looked up and what else would be there but the IGLOO! Oh how fun to surprise him with a dish of cookie dough....his favorite!

Last stop of the night...the Purdue Christmas tree at the Union. Believe it or not, I had never been so we just had to go. I think more impressive to me was the gingerbread house!

What a great night but driving home the roads definately had gotten worse--maybe we will get "snowed in" after all!! ;)

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh ginormous Christmas Tree!

Lots of work...

The Cute Dog House

No comments: