Speaking of cats from my last post, it reminds me of something funny that happened a week or two ago. I went to the office a half day to work since Dr. Wilson was working in Franklin that day. I finished up around 5:30 p.m. I walked out to the Explorer and I had a message on my cell phone so I took the time to listen to it before starting up the truck. I strangely heard, "meow" a couple of times. I thought that was weird but I got out and walked around....I saw no cat. Got back in the explorer and was about to start it up when I heard a terrifying "MEOW!!!!!" "MEOW" "MEOW" so I got back out again. This time I was sure my co-workers were playing a joke or something. I looked around and saw no one. So, I quietly cried, "meow?" I heard, "MEOW!" "MEOW!" right back! So, let me tell you this too, I had dress clothes on. I am looking over my shoulder everytime I said "meow" for fear of people calling the looney bin on me!! I popped the hood of the Explorer...my heart racing. Would I find a cute cat or mangled one in my engine?? I lifted the hood to find the tiniest calico kitten sitting there hissing on me! Then, he quickly wormed his way underneath and all around the Explorer. I thought to myself great! He'll just jump out and run away! I couldn't be so lucky....the kitten was stuck but everytime I reached my hand down there he was hissing at me. I had my sleeves pushed up and I was talking to my engine like, "Now, now be good! Don't be naughty...oh, that's not nice" when my friend came walking out of the people. She thought I had lost it for sure until I had her look to see for herself :).This is the absolute funniest part, Kelly was underneath the Explorer and I was standing over top, trying to get this kitten out when I man came walking across the parking lot. I know he was going to be a "good samaritan" helping two women in need of car repair but at that moment as he approached, I was pulling the kitten out and he let out this very girly scream. All I could do was laugh. He said, "what is IT?!?!?!" I was like, it's a kitten...you want it?? Next thing I knew, he was gone. So, I brought him home. Kit loves cats and Grover was so excited...too excited!! We took him out to my parents and their neighbor girl fell in love. I saw him last week and Calico is fat and sassy... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment